Carlton Smith has been focused solely on web since 2000, and has been an internet marketing consultant since 2007.
- Internet Consultant to businesses in Alabama, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, & New Jersey, and Tennessee
- Director of E-Commerce, International Expeditions
- Senior Editor, Search Engine Optimization, Time Inc.
- Travel Editor, Time Inc.
- Concept Writer & Editor, Hecklers.com (RIP), Birmingham, AL
- Senior Editor, Vulcan Publications
- Stringer and Fact-Checker, The Sunday Times, London, UK
- Arts & Entertainment Editor, Vail Trail (RIP), Vail, CO
- Exceeded web-enabled revenue by 30% and online bookings by 34% in 2013 with aggressive strategy of SEO, SEM, PPC, and Emarketing
- Increased organic search referrals by 20%, leading SEO campaign leveraging custom web content from freelance writers.
- Exceeded organic search traffic +19% in FY12 with aggressive SEO campaign.
- Launched and project managed Drupal website redesign, hiring external vendors and project managing.
- Launched online travel portal aggregating content from Southern Living, Sunset, Coastal Living, Cottage Living, and Southern Accents magazines.
- Led advertising partnership with travel portal website, 10Best.com.
- Member of team that won: Society of American Travel Writers Lowell Thomas Award; SouthernLiving.com “Byways of the South” web-exclusive feature, 2007 and Honored with the Webby Awards Honorable Mention—“Best Site Redesign” SouthernLiving.com, 2006
Find Carlton at www.flagstonesearchmarketing.com/